David Bellamy Blooming Marvellous Pledge for Nature
Information for Parks
The David Bellamy Conservation Award Scheme has helped parks ‘go green’ for over 25 years. In 2021, the scheme went back to its roots, focusing 100% on wildlife. In recognition, it has been renamed the David Bellamy Blooming Marvellous Pledge for Nature.
Taking the pledge demonstrates your commitment to help nature, it also involves signing up to a yearly wildlife challenge and, in the first year of participation, an on-park visit from a local wildlife expert who will provide loads of valuable advice and information to help you kick start your wildlife challenge.
The Pledge for Nature focuses 100% on wildlife, and involves committing to five steps:
1. improving existing habitats for wildlife
2. creating new wildlife habitats and features where possible
3. managing greenspace in as environmentally friendly a way as possible
4. involving everyone in wildlife conservation
5. engaging with local conservation bodies and projects.
The David Bellamy Blooming Marvellous Pledge for Nature Information sheet provides details of what’s involved, how the pledge works, together with the participation fee.
Included in the participation fee is:
- pledge for nature certificate
- challenge pledge badge
- on-park advisory visit
- advisory visit report providing tips and advice
To take part in the pledge for nature, please complete this registration form.